Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Whistling Man

Before I get started, I should state that I have nothing against whistling. In addition, I am able to whistle, so the frustration from today does not stem out of jealousy. Its where people whistle that creates the problem.

So, today I was out with my beautiful wife in Asheville looking to pick up a few things at Bed, Bath and Beyond. While we were in the "Beyond" section of the store I heard whistling. Now, This was not quite "to yourself" type whistling. This was full on concert style whistling. I tracked down this whistler and found him to be an older gentleman, apparently also in need of something "Beyond". The whistler didn't stop whistling the entire time that he was there. Who constantly whistles so everyone can hear them? Granted he was a very good whistler, but I am in a store not hanging out with the 7 Dwarfs while they whistle while they work. Obviously my frustration continued to grow until the whistler left the store.

So, you would think that this story is finished right?.........no 

So we left B,B and B and decided to get a bite to eat for lunch. We decided to go to Cheddars and get some spinach dip and whatever else sounded good. So, we placed our order and we were enjoying some sweet spinach dip when a couple was seated in the booth next to ours. As anyone would do when their surroundings change I glanced at the couple. I then looked again.... because seated next to us, amazingly enough, was the whistler!! At first he did not whistle, so I felt safe, but then his wife got up from the table...... and the whistling started...again with the concert style....and it did not stop until his wife returned.......and she was gone for....well lets just say too long.

Looking back at it now I should of just went with the table the hostess offered instead of requesting a booth.

-Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment