Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Domestic Animal Murder

Well I ran over a cat today. I've ran over a squirrel, rabbit and chipmunk in the past (all wild critters) but today I've become a domestic animal murderer. I've never felt so awful! I don't think I'll ever forget the "thump thump" when I hit him/her :( The worst part was that I was on my way to work (and already running late) so I couldn't stop and try to find its home or say sorry. I just had to drive on like some heartless person who didn't care that they had just killed someone's pet. I was miserable my entire shift. I told myself that I'd try to do something on my way back home, but it was gone by that time. I just know some little kid got off the bus and saw their cat dead in the middle of the street and started screaming. They probably had a funeral this evening, a memorial during dinner and cried themselves to sleep. If I NEVER hit a cat again it will be too soon. I'm not even that fond of cats. I can't imagine what would have happened if it had been a dog...I can't even imagine!

- Megan

2 comments:

  1. aw! that is so sad! The only thing I've ever hit was a opossum. ICK. But I've been in the car when a monster racoon was hit. That was nasty. hitting animals is never fun. But try to console yourself, maybe it was just a stray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was probably a stray cat with rabies and crazy with sickness. It is in a much better place. Love you!!!!! Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete