Friday, June 10, 2011

Making a House a Home

We've officially moved! All of our belongings are either put away where they belong, or shoved in one of the few storage spaces we have. Our place now is about the same size as our old one, but we have a lot less storage. It has been great for us because it's making us go through everything we have and decide if we really want to keep it or give it away (we are purging!). We've already loaded up the back of my car once and taken a load to the Salvation Army and we haven't even gone through everything yet.  I also took a load of books to a used book store and got $55 worth of credit. If you know me then you know how excited I am about 55 free dollars to a book store!! It was so hard going through my books and choosing which ones to get rid of. But it was all worth it when I knew I'd be able to get new ones that I haven't read before. This is not really the attitude I should have. We're not getting rid of stuff to make room for new stuff, but they are books so I have to make an exception!

Work at The Swag has been really slow lately. I only work one day this week. Which is great for getting the house in order, but awful at the same time because moving is very expensive and we need some more money! I've applied at a few other places a bit closer to home so hopefully some changes will be made soon.  Also, Pete's parents are coming in about a week and my goal would be to have the house in a presentable state.  At least I know I'll have plenty of time this week ;)

~ Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment